The children formed their own party groups and nominated candidates to stand for election to the posts of Class President and Vice President. They studied manifestos presented by the main political parties and identified key persuasive words and phrases, which they adapted to draft their own party manifesto. There was a leadership debate, when voters questioned each party group on the pledges that they made. Each party designed election posters, slogans and badges. The children and staff then visited our class polling station to cast their vote by secret ballot.
The parties contesting Dolphin Class’s Presidential Election and the total votes cast were:
- Dolphins’ Rights Party - President: Lucy; Vice-President: Ethan (8 votes)
- Make Dolphins Great Again Party - President: Rebecca; Vice-President: Jessica (7 votes)
- Determined Dolphins Democracy Party - President: Grace; Vice-President: Harry (7 votes)
- Dolphin Union Party - President: Breonna; Vice-President: Katie (6 votes)
- Rainbow Party - President: Mila; Vice-President: Freya (3 votes)
See a photo diary of the election process below. These images as well as copies of the party manifestos and election publicity material are on display in Dolphin Class.